Thursday, February 5, 2009

MISKIAH WHERE ART THOU?

Som sent me an email with a photograph of Miskiah Zakaria lamenting that we have not seen her for nearly 48 years. Som suggested I put the pic up in my blogs which would affect the flavour of my blogs considerably. I have recalibrated Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering as a "talking blog" dealing mainly with Terengganu words and dumped my take on socio-political stuffs in a new blog Pokku's Post. Miskiah's pic fits in neither. So I thought "Why don't we have our own blog?"

Setting up a blog is very easy. It takes less than 5 minutes. Updating and getting it read will be much harder. I shall make it easier for other people to post entries or if you prefer, email your entries to be posted in this blog. If you want to be among the regular contributors, I can put your name/nick as a TEAM MEMBER. It will appear in the Profile. Please let me know. Call me, SMS me or email me (kustamangATgmaildotcom -replace the AT with @ and dot with .)

This is our blog, not mine or Som's. Its longevity is up to us. We keep it alive or we let it die. Our Choice entirely.

Now, if anyone out there knows of Miskiah or her whereabouts, leave a note in the comments section or contact Som. To comment or read the comments click the balloon with the number on the top right hand corner of the post.
(TMA/05/02/09)

2 comments:

SSSS CLASS OF 61 said...

Testing the comment part.
If you find the text too small for old eyes, press CTRL and + at the same time to make the texts bigger.

Som said...

And she wrote at the back of the picture:

To Che Md. Som

Wishing you all the best and happy bright future.

Yours sincerely
Miskiah
14.11.61

The way she addressed me in 1961 and as a classmate tells a lot about her. I am not surprised if she turned out to be a diplomat or something. I remember she was from Negeri Sembilan and a friendly person. She certainly would be a grandmother now. It would be nice to know where and how she is. Also the other girl classmates like Minoh Haji Roh, Kotijoh Hasang, Nik Mahmudoh, Nik Aziah, Wee Liang Peck and Cecilia etc. Classmates Hajjah Sapinah, Kotijoh Mohd, Tahiroh and Azizah Awang we hear of them and meet them off and on.

Mohd Som