Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tan Sri M Yusoff Bin Mohamed

Some of us may have heard the sad news that Tan Sri Yusoff died yesterday. Al Fatihah.

Arwah was an ex student of SSS and if I am not mistaken he was the first Sulaimanian to be appointed the State Secretary of Terengganu in the early sixties or late fifties. I remember him giving a speech at Skoloh Kuala Liba (must be during a Speech Day) wearing a suit and a songkok. He was known as Yusoff Che Mat Tinggi to the locals in Kuala Terengganu.

I remember arwah as a nice man, pleasant disposition; a man of few words and never raised his voice. He must have been a man who believed in life long learning because some time in the 80s when I attended an Arabic class at UIA (in PJ then) as part of a course I was pleasantly surprised to meet him there. He had been in retirement for some years already. I met him again later in a matter involving his house in Johor Baru.

I also remember him as a man who liked "makan nasi lauk kampong". During one of my regular trips back to Terengganu I met him at the famous kedai makan "ikan patin masak asam tempoyak" in Termerloh (Karak Kuantan Highway was not around yet). That reataurant was famous for masak asam tempoyak ikan patin asli. There he was with his family just finished his meal when I arrived. He must have arrived early in order to beat the crowd.

Semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat kepada roh nya sebagaimana yang dicucuri kepada roh mereka yang soleh dan beriman.


Som

blog comments powered by Disqus